Saturday, January 30, 2010

Opening of the exhibition


Well, the opening of the show was a success. Friday night was the opening reception and we had a good response, despite the approaching snow storm. The work was very well received and the new gallery space was a hit! Thank you to everybody at Virginia Wesleyan College who helped organize and promote the show. It will run through the end of March. If you didn't have a chance to make the opening reception, please make a point to get out to the college and experience what the incredible new gallery space has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Saw your work in New American Paintings and had to check you out. Great stuff...seeing it on your site in the context of a show, and being able to see the size of the work, makes such a difference. Hope the show is everything you wish for, and hope the post-opening letdown (if you suffer from that) isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I will not swoon...I will not swoon...ohhhhh but how I want to!!!

    This afternoon I stopped over to take in 'At the Edge of Dawn' I was alone in the gallery and had the opportunity to swirl and twirl from one piece to the next...I've been in love with the way you move paint since I saw your pieces at CACV a few years ago...now I am so smitten with this new work that I may have to go lie down:-)

    OMG...what you do with color!!...and texture!!...and picture plane!!...and NAILS!!!!!...oh and sawdust...

    From one painter to another...ooo la and la.

    ReplyDelete